In view of the current COVID-19 situation in Assam, the Gauhati University has decided to conduct all the pending examinations in Open Book System (OBS) in the online mode. [Updated as on 7th May 2021] .
The postgraduate examinations will be held from June 1 to 15 while the undergraduate examinations will start from 2nd week of June.
Gauhati University Online Exam Details
Name of exam: Gauhati University TDC Examination 2020
Name of course/s: Bachelor in Arts, Bachelor in Commerce & Bachelor in Science Name of semester/s: 1st, 3rd and 5th Semester Examination date: From 21st June 2021
Type of exam: Online Exam (Open Text Book System)
Total marks: 70 percent of the total theory marksQuestion paper availability: 30 minutes prior to online examination Answer script format: Scanned PDF will be accepted. **
Max. upload file size: 5 MB (Unlimited Nos of Pages)
Time to download questions: Before 30 minutes of examination Helpline Number: 8929207668 (10 AM to 5 PM) Required credentials for the Exam:
# Subject Name # Subject Code # Registration No # Roll No # Paper Code # Mobile Number # Date of Birth
** During scanning your answer script to PDF file, one must opt only for Black & White scanning as saving a colour scan require more file size.
Notice for Gauhati University Arrears Students (2015 & 2016)
Arrear Students of 2015 & 2016 Batch 3rd & 5th Sem of T.D.C. (Arts/Science/Commerce/B.Voc.) including IDOL 2015, 2016, 2017 & 2018 (TDC only) Batch those who have filled up their exams forms they are to fill-up an online form (Link is given below) within 30th June, 2021 without fail to conduct their examination in online mode only.
Gauhati University Online Exam SOP
Gauhati University has released the official Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) for the upcoming online examinations to be held for various courses under the university. [Updated as on 24th May 2021] All university students are requested to go through the SOP carefully. Here is the key points of Gauhati University Online Exam SOP
1. All answers must be handwritten by the examinee in A4 size paper. A model Answer Sheet is uploaded in the portal https://web.gauhati.ac.in/otbe. This model Answer Sheet may also be downloaded, printed and then used for writing answers.
2. All pages must contain page numbers.
3. Number of pages may be less or more than 10 pages. But, in no case the uploaded document be more than 5.0 MB size.
4. A procedure is laid down in the portal https://web.gauhati.ac.in/otbe. to know as to how to scan and convert the Answer Sheets in to PDF and can be reduced to less than 5.00 MB. This is very crucial for successful uploading. As such, the examinees should practise and learn properly as to how to limit it to less than the specified size. Ideally, if scanned properly, a 10 page document will be around only 2 MB size only.
5. To do it as mentioned in point 4 above, some apps have been recommended in the portal https://web.gauhati.ac.in/otbe. The students can use similar other apps also.
6. The Question Papers will be available for downloading 30 minutes before the beginning of the Examination.
7. The student will be able to upload the PDF copy of the answer script after 30 minutes from the time of commencement of the examination and the upload facility will be available until one hour (60 minutes) after the end of the examination.
8. Once a student uploads a document, he/she can’t do it again. So make sure that-
A. The Answer Sheets are properly scanned, converted to a single PDF maintaining serialization of the pages. B. Recheck the size of the document before going for uploading and make sure it does not exceed 5 MB size. C. So, students are strongly advised to practise this procedure (scanning and conversion to PDF) using any document available at hand.
9. In order to take the Examination, the students will be required to log in to the Examination Portal. To log in, the students need to give correct Registration No., Mobile No. and Date of Birth.
10. Since it is an Open Book Examination conducted in the online mode, they will be able to take the help of the textbooks, notes etc.
11. The total marks for each paper will be 70 percent of the total theory marks. Total duration of the examination will be mentioned in the respective question papers.
12. There will be no offline submission of any Answer Sheet anywhere.
13. Further, students are informed to ensure their connectivity and use of proper gadgets.
14. All practical examinations will be notified later on.
GU Online Mock Test Schedule
GU Mock tests for each semesters’ examination will be held as per the schedule mentioned below. To get accustomed with real online test/s, students are strongly recommended to participate in these mock test at least once.
1st Semester: Dates have not been announced yet.
3rd Semester: Dates have not been announced yet.
5th Semester: The mock test schedule for 5th semester students is as follows-
# BSc & BCom: 18th June 2021 (8 AM to 4 PM) # BA: 19th June 2021 (8 AM to 4 PM)
Controller of Examinations, Gauhati University (GU) has released the official exam routine or schedule of BA, BSc, BCom for 1st, 3rd & 5th semester’s final examination 2020. Students can check the GU TDC Exam Routine 2021 by visiting this webpage.
Gauhati University Exam Routine 2021 Details
Name of university: Gauhati University (GU)
Name of examination: Gauhati University TDC Examination 2020
Course/s: BA, BSc, BCom
Semester/s: 1st, 3rd and 5th Semester Examination date: From 21st June 2021
Type of exam: Written Exam
Mode of exam: Online Open Book System
Download Gauhati University Exam Routine 2021
Students who successfully submitted the Gauhati University Online Form can now appear for Gauhati University Exam 2020. Students of respective semesters can now download Gauhati University Routine from below-mentioned links.
GU 1st Semester Examination
Theory Examination: From August 2021 (1st part)
Practical Examination: Dates will be notified separately.
GU 3rd Semester Examination Theory Examination: 23rd July to 12th August 2021
Practical Examination: Information will be available after official announcement.
GU 5th Semester Examination
Theory Examination: 21st June to 7th July 2021
Practical Examination: Dates will be notified separately.
Steps to Download GU Exam Routine 2021
Students of Gauhati University of this examination have to follow below-mentioned steps to download official exam routine of Gauhati University.
– Scroll down, check Important Web- Link‘s section. – Go to your respective semester and click on the link. – A .pdf file will be downloaded. – The downloaded .pdf file is your GU Exam Routine 2021
Important Web Links of Gauhati University Exam Routine 2021